is looking for a Senior Event Manager
to join their team!! Hilton Orlando seamlessly blends extensive leisure offerings with world class business amenities, and there is a discreet separation between meeting facilities and recreational amenities allowing each type of guest to experience the stay that meets their unique expectations.
As a Senior Event Manager
, you will be responsible for the successful solicitation, event planning and overall execution of all Local Catering & Social Events that take place within the hotel. The Senior Event Manager
will interact frequently with customers and Guests to learn about their needs and develop relationships from which to earn repeat and expanded business. Here are some perks you can enjoy when joining our team:
• Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
• Career growth & development
• The Go Hilton travel discount program
• Competitive wellness benefits
• Team Member Resource Groups
• Recognition and rewards programs
• And so much moreWhat will I be doing?
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards: -
What are we looking for?
- Maximize all Meeting & Events Sales revenue opportunities through up selling of function items.
- Ensure the highest standards of Event Management are in place including building relationships with new/existing customers in order to secure rollover business
- Manage the department’s day-to-day operations and activities, whereas implementation of the selling strategy yields meetings and events space
- Build strong relationships with customers, Guests and Team Members in order to gain full understanding of their needs and work to serve them effectively
- Accurate administration and control of all Meetings and Events related reservations and blocks
- Conduct conferences and external sales presentations to groups and prospective customers to solicit, explain, negotiate and secure group and local catering business
- Host and entertain clients and maintain client accounts
- Conduct property tours and participate in trade shows, industry and community events to promote facilities and services
- Negotiate services and prices to maximize revenue and profitability
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel
- To support the Food & Beverage operations and room reservations team with information as required
- To ensure all information is relayed to the Chef and Operations Team in a timely manner to ensure they can order and roster effectively
- Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow: -
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Able to develop positive working relationships at all levels
- Create a positive image
- Have a strong understanding of C&E business
- Have Company/competitor awareness
- Have at least 4 years previous experience working in an Event Planning Environment
- Good administration and organizational skills
- Proven customer service experience
- Able to ‘close’ a sale
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!