Lungarno Collection is pleased to share the opportunity for a talented Junior Event Specialist to be part of the Portrait Milano team. Our research is aimed at professionals with the innate ability to be impeccable "hosts", to offer excellent service, combining spontaneity and personalization.
Lungarno Collection is delighted to announce a brand-new addition to its hotel portfolio, which currently includes four hotels in Florence and one in Rome. Having consolidated its position in the hospitality sector, the Ferragamo family’s hotel group is now poised to make its debut in Milan, in an exceptional location unfamiliar to all but a few of the city’s residents: the former Archiepiscopal Seminary at 11, Corso Venezia, with additional access from 10, Via Sant’Andrea. It is Europe’s oldest seminary, second in the world, built in 1564 in a strategic central position. This monumental building boasts an impressive baroque entrance designed in 1652 by Francesco Maria Richini, which opens onto an imposing 3,000m2 piazza framed by a double colonnaded loggia. The restoration project will see the launch of a new Portrait, (that of Portrait Milano) expanding the company’s flagship brand to include a total of 3 hotels following Rome and Florence, but much more. The vast building will also host restaurants, a shopping arcade and plenty of space for events, making it a major lifestyle hub in the heart of Milan’s fashion district
Reporting to and cooperating with the Sales Events Manager, the Junior Event Specialist will be responsible for:
• Planning, design, production, promotion, execution and overall co-ordination and profitability of an event
• Helping in the preparation of all event documentation and coordinates with sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent and high-level services in the short and long term
• Assembling creative and innovative event attractions based on internal capabilities or outsources to qualified vendors
• Support the event department in the weekly site inspection on property, meeting clients. Be able to create and maintain value-based relationship with daily initiative and sales calls
• Work together with the Sales Events Manager to prepare event forecasts, including marketing plans, objectives and strategies, revenue reports
• Communicate with other departments and assist with any administrative and organizational tasks given by the SEM
• Participate to weekly follow up meetings with clients to work out the details of the event
• Support with the organization and the definition of the event’s details, make sure that are correctly signed by clients and distributed to designated departments on a timely basis
Energy and determination, desire to deliver a new project and commitment towards it, love for the city of Milan, attitude to smile, perseverance, and sense of elegance.
Requirements and skills:
• Previous experience in the same role in luxury hotel property. Preopening experience will be considered an additional value
• Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect each department
• Fluent writing and speaking knowledge of Italian and English. A third language will be considered a plus
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Teamwork orientations
• Attention to details
• Strong communication (verbal, listening, writing) and customer development skills
• The knowledge of standard software application and hotel system (Office 365 and Opera) will be considered a plus
• Knowledge of graphic design software for image editing will be considered a plus
Lingue richieste: . Inglese e Italiano sono un plus
A distinctive presence on the Italian hospitality scene, Lungarno Collection has luxury addresses in the most desirable districts of Florence and Rome. The brand Lungarno Collection was launched in 1995 as a hotel management company owned by the Ferragamo family. Each hotel has its own personality, drawing inspiration from urban culture, history and style to create highly personal experiences highlighted by elegance, striking design and attentive service.
The Lungarno Collection includes:
- Hotel Lungarno with Borgo San Jacopo Restaurant (1 Michelin Star) - Florence;
- Hotel Continentale with La Terrazza Lounge Bar - Florence;
- Gallery Hotel Art, with The Fusion Bar & Restaurant – Florence;
- Portrait Firenze with the Caffé dell’Oro – Florence;
- Portrait Roma – Rome.