Cosa comprende il lavoro
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world. Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place. The Group regularly receives international recognition and awards for quality management and legendary service hospitality.
Set at the heart of the US capital between Maine and Maryland Avenues and 12th and 14th Streets, SW, Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC has redefined luxury in the city. Just streets away from the nation’s most revered monuments and the Smithsonian Institution, the hotel is also within easy reach of Capitol Hill and the seat of power.
- The Concierge is responsible for providing the pivotal first impression, setting the tone for the guest’s stay and creating life-long memories of Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. The concierge will directly report to Director of Front Office Operations
- Responsible for creating a welcoming atmosphere for guests.
- Create special conversations with guests, which identify personal preferences in order to record in each guest’s profile history
- Promptly answer the telephone calls and greet callers with a positive and clear voice. Listen attentively to the caller to ascertain the purpose of the call to ensure connection to another department is accurate.
- Maintain an updated database with extensive knowledge of the local area.
- Demonstrate firsthand knowledge of the recommendations with thorough research
- Have an in-depth knowledge of directions, travel time, cost and various forms of transportation
- Be knowledgeable of all in-house and arriving guests
- Be aware of all daily events in the hotel
- Arrange tickets for theatre, sporting events and local attractions
- Make and confirm dining reservations
- Arrange for package delivery and pickup for guests
- Provide guests with a confirmation card for dining reservations, transportation, theatre tickets, etc.
- Work with preferred vendors to secure transportation, floral orders, tours and more.
- Provide timely information in response to guest requests.
- Answer questions regarding the hotel, amenities, and local area. Provide expert knowledge and insider tips to enhance the guest experience.
- Be responsive to guest requests and complete log sheet(s) of all guest requests, reservations and confirmations for guests
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow and support Mandarin Oriental’s Pillars and LQE’s in each interaction.
Education and Experience
- A College Degree with emphasis on Hospitality or Travel and Tourism is preferred but not required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, services, and outlets.
- Ability to multi-task: using telephones and computers while interacting with guests
- Quick thinking ability to give clear, concise recommendations and directions (walking, driving and verbal),
- Knowledge to refer/recommend a wide variety of activities and services as well as information on the local Washington, D.C. area and all its many facets.
- Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers, and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
- Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. Shifts will include standing walking and/ or bending.
- Flexible schedules and hours, willingness to work on weekends & holidays is required
Working with us means…
We are dedicated to delighting our guests and to delighting our colleagues. We are committed to becoming the best and we emphasize working together to achieve this goal. We support acting with responsibility.
Working with us means working harmoniously, respectfully, passionately, and towards personal growth. Working with us means that you will be personally valued. From the initial interview through the comprehensive orientation to the numerous Learning and Development programs, we are committed to providing a Mandarin Oriental ‘Colleague Journey’ that exceeds colleague expectations.
Become a Fan of MO! Click the links below to learn more about us!
Equal Employer Opportunity statement:
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s colleagues to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Advertised: US Eastern Daylight Time
- Dipartimento: Concierge
A tempo completo, A tempo indeterminato
Data di inizio:Il prima possibile
Ultima data di inizio: