Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Sheraton Dallas Hotel, 400 North Olive St, Dallas, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Assists with supervising food and beverage/culinary daily operations. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Ensures standards and legal obligations are followed.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Assisting in Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Assists in the ordering of F&B supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
• Supervises daily F&B shift operation and ensures compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures.
• Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunction.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
• Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (including General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all team members.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all guests.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.Additional Responsibilities
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Performs hourly job function if necessary.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress report.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We’ve been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you’re a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.