Sales & MarketingLocation
Sheraton Commander Hotel, 16 Garden St, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Commander Properties. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
Executive team member, Director of Sales for our 175-room hotel is responsible for achieving revenue goals for the department as well as guest satisfaction scores. The DOS should create and utilize a marketing plan to uncover new and potential business. Evaluates the hotel’s participation in the various sales channels, Revenue Management, electronic channels, etc. and develops strong working relationships to maximize hotel’s benefits. Proactively positions and markets the property; manages marketing budget to enable development of hotel specific campaigns, promotions, collateral, etc. to drive revenue and meet property objectives. Evaluates market and economic trends and introduces appropriate changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations, generates increased revenue and ensures competitive position in the market. Communicates changes and potential revenue opportunities to leadership team. Develops strong partnerships with local organizations to further increase brand/product awareness; advises brand and regional team of growth opportunities. Acts as the property sales liaison with Revenue Management, Event Management and other hotel departments as appropriate. Participates in sales calls with members of the Sales and Marketing team to acquire new business or close on business.JOB REQUIREMENTS Job Requirements include but are not limited to:
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years senior Sales or higher.
- CI/TY experienceLightspeed Experience preferred
- Computer skills - Word, Excel
- Ability to assess/evaluate employees performance fairly
- Ability to recruit, supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of managers
- Extensive knowledge of revenue management
- Knowledge of hotel and competitive market
- Participate as team player with other key executive members
- Be a leader and role model to all employees
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written