Sales & MarketingLocation
Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, 1380 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego, California, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, KSL Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
The Director of Travel Industry Sales will be responsible for soliciting, maintaining and overseeing all sales related activities in the individual travel segments (Consortia, Business Travel, Wholesale and Leisure). Focus on building long term relationships with travel industry partners in their assigned market sources to meet and/or exceed the hotel’s transient revenue goals and maximum potential.REQUIREMENT
Essential Job Duties
- Understand the mission, vision, and goals of the hotel.
- Must possess excellent communication, follow up, and organizational
- Sets high personal performance
- Must be proactive and have a creative, positive, and focused
- Maintaining confidentiality and sensitive information is a
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to apply them in a dynamic environment.
- Establish goals and objectives for department.
- Well organized, focused and complete all work assigned.
- Work cohesively with co-workers and all departments as part of a team.
- Build morale and promote positive employee engagement.
- Follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve standards of operations.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write instructions, correspondence, reports, and memos.
- Ability to communicate verbally and electronically with guests, management, co-workers, members and marina tenants.
- Ability to effectively present information to associates, management, guests, members, marina tenants and the public in one-on-one and group situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to understand guest service needs.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Manage and further develop the Consortia, Business Travel, Wholesale and Leisure market to meet and/or exceed goals for this segment.
- Prospect, qualify, and develop new travel industry accordance with the objectives and goals stated in the Hotel Strategic Plan as well as further developing relationships with existing
- Develop account strategies to capture new consortia key accounts, i.e. Ensemble, ProTravel/Tzell, Frosch and Signature consortia programs
- Find, qualify and book all suitable wholesale accounts such as Bonotel, Tourico, W2M, Gulliver, Lead negotiations with travel partners in assigned market sources to achieve maximum revenue potential for the hotel while satisfying clients’ needs
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in various community and professional associations and industry
- Conduct site inspections with clients as well as coordinating FAM tours with various visitor bureaus and airlines
- Utilize Hotellegence to find new business in comp set as well as gain comp set
- Utilize property reports to maximize account data necessary for informed decision making and monthly reporting.
- Monitor performance against sales targets. Address shortfalls and take action to rectify on a monthly
- Assist the Director of Sales & Marketing in preparing reports and various sales projects as required in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparing of the annual Hotel Strategic Plan and Budget
- Assist, when necessary, Director of Revenue Optimization with OTA’s
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Carries out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with hotel policies and standard operating procedures.
- Train and develop associates on 4 Keys service standards, technical skills, standard operation procedures, and safety standards.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Fosters open channels of communication between all employees.
- Participates in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among associates.
- Follow all additional duties as assigned by management.