The Westin Nashville, 807 Clark Place, Nashville, Tennessee, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Castlerock Hospitality Management. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
As General Manager, you will serve as the primary strategic business leader of the property with responsibility for all aspects of the operation. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of ethical leadership to lead the property to achieve its goals. While managing service revenue and non-revenue generating departments, you will be responsible for general property performance; maintaining high standards of service and quality in all areas of the hotel; guest service scores; employee satisfaction scores; managing profitability; managing revenue generation; and delivering a return on investment to the ownership. As the head of the Executive Committee, you will lead and inspire all employees to work to their highest capabilities in order to achieve the highest possible standards and hold them accountable for results. Overall, you will ensure that your property and employees uphold the philosophy and values of the owner and Castlerock.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Drive new market and business development.
- Encourage good guest relations. Be available at peak business times and for special guests. Work very closely with VIP’s. Meet, greet, and see to the comfort of all guests.
- Establish liaisons with and provide special attention to key clients.
- Maintain good rapport with, and takes leadership role in, appropriate professional associations, educational institutions, philanthropic organizations and community groups. Ensure that the property participates in relevant industry, trade and community events.
- Develop and maintain good business and community relationships; support and participate in those business and community activities, which will benefit the property’s positioning.
- Understand owner and management company objectives.
- Meet with members of the leadership teams to discuss costs in all areas.
- Direct the preparation of records and reports pertinent to occupancy, sales and profits.
- Prepare realistic occupancy and cost forecasts.
- Direct the control of costs and expenses in all areas. Obtain information necessary for proper analysis of costs and evaluate this information with other team members.
- Periodically prepare an evaluation of all work activities, and institute changes in systems and services in every department to improve guest count, occupancy, profits, and service. (This could include menus, conference services, banquet facilities, décor, etc.)
- Direct programs for training and development of the management employee staff so that all areas of the operation are supervised properly and are geared to perform to the best advantage.
- Direct the overall activities of the management employee team so that quality food, drink, lodging, conference services, and other services of the property are provided.
- Utilize guest feedback to improve performance.
- Identify meaningful achievement goals. Provide standards to measure performance. Review periodically.
- Institute a program of regular inspections to see that standards are maintained.
- Review and identify all purchasing sources, specifications, etc., for improvement in quality, service, and/or price.
- Direct employee relations programs along with Director of Human Resources.
- Utilize employee feedback to improve performance.
- Communicate clearly with all employees and keep them informed of matters, which pertain to their jobs. Hold periodic meetings with all employees. Attend departmental meetings periodically.
- Maintain an atmosphere within the property that encourages an exchange of information and builds rapport between employees and management.
- Administer the wage program and provide for work satisfaction through equitable wages and safe, pleasant working conditions.
- Assist Director of Human Resources to periodically audit the system to ensure that selection, induction, benefits, training, progress review, compensation, records, insurances, terminations, equal employment opportunity adherence, etc., are being done efficiently.
- Assist Director of Human Resources in employee development and succession planning for all line-level positions.
- Stimulate self –development programs for all employees and provide opportunity for growth.
- Provide career and professional counseling for members of the leadership committee and all management to provide for high performance and effective interaction.
- Give overall direction to a program for training of employees by the management employee staff for each of the various departments of the property.
- Assist Director of Human Resources recruitment activities to insure the hire of top talent.
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance program is appropriate and well-managed.
- Review with the Director of Engineering the performance of maintenance staff so that property facilities are maintained at a high level of efficiency and appearance.
- Ensure regular walk throughs for cleanliness and maintenance.
- Direct program to see that safety and health requirements are met. Set up regular inspections so that accident hazards and equipment hazards are eliminated, and proper maintenance has been accomplished.
- Institute whatever safety measures are necessary to comply with appropriate Local and National regulations.
- Attend local zoning meetings.
- Lead effort to ensure that all National and Local laws are being followed.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships.
- Comply with quality assurance standards.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; wear nametag; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Have access to reliable transportation and follow attendance policy.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Respond to any reasonable task assigned by Vice President.
- Assist in other areas as needed.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any reports of theft.
- All other duties as assigned.