Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
JW Marriott Marquis Miami, 255 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, MDM Hotel Group, Ltd.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB SUMMARY
Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
• Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Performs all duties of kitchen managers and associates as necessary.
• Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
• Ensures hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations.
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal (e.g., OSHA, ASI and Health Department) regulations.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
• Recognizes success performance and produces desired results.
• Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of associate time and attendance.
• Trains associates in safety procedures.
• Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings (e.g., Daily Stand Up, BEO, Pre-Cons, Staff, Forecast, Department and Intradepartment).
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Assists in determining how food should be presThis company is an equal opportunity employer.