Sales & MarketingLocation
JW Marriott Clearwater Beach Resort & Spa, 691 S Gulfview Blvd, Clearwater Beach, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Planned to open Spring of 2023, the JW Marriott Resort & Spa Clearwater Beach Tampa will be a premier beach front resort situated on the #1 beach in the US. An element that adds to the property’s exclusivity is its private beach spanning over 250 feet. Resort amenities will include a spectacular roof top pool & bar located on the 11th floor, full-service luxury spa, over 11,000 square feet of premier event space, fitness center and an ocean-front destination restaurant. Located at the most southern tip of Clearwater Beach all guests and residents will enjoy beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico and the Intercoastal waterway from their private balconies.
Serves as the discipline leader for marketing and partners closely with other topline disciplines (Sales and Revenue Management) to develop overarching cross-cutting strategies. Responsible for creating a comprehensive marketing strategy that aligns with the hotel(s) goals and positioning. Develops and oversees implementation of marketing strategies designed to drive topline revenue and achieve RevPar/share-of-wallet goals. Manages all internal and external communication and owns digital presence, including by not limited to property website, third party channels and social media while maintaining brand integrity. Identifies incremental marketing opportunities ranging from partnerships, third-party cites and CVBs. Expertly articulates campaign performance regularly to General Manager(s), Sales and Revenue Management leaders and Hotel Ownership. May oversee Marketing Coordinator for execution of identified tactics.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or related major; 3 years' experience in Marketing or a comparable professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, or related major; 1 year experience in Marketing or a comparable professional area.CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Marketing Strategy
• Develops overarching marketing strategy from marketing plans to overall hotel marketing budgets for hotel(s) they support to align with business priorities, in consultation with General Manager(s).
• Actively participates in reoccurring Sales Strategy Meetings to articulate the most up to date marketing strategy and implementation details.
• Reconciles marketing plan monthly with accruals, forecast in conjunction with Director of Finance.
• Leads repositioning efforts in partnership with Area Team, GM and hotel executive team.
• Serves as brand guardian / liaison, verifying all marketing reflects brand voice.
• Leads and/or partners with Hotel Operations to conceptualize/execute property-level Programming and Activation, based on brand guidelines.
• Leads the strategic pull-through of continent and brand promotions and campaigns.
• Partners with Revenue Management to develop and execute promotional strategy efforts.
• Develops and manages property email marketing strategy, digital strategy across M.Com and Third-Party sites, paid media campaigns and performance to verify proper execution.
• Supports group lead generation efforts.
• Runs, reviews, analyzes, and clearly articulate to stakeholder’s and owners the key marketing reports and adjusts strategy accordingly.
• Manages internal and external partners to verify deliverables are executed to support hotel strategy.
• Develops and oversees/executes annual digital marketing plan, and overarching partnership and marketing strategies to maximize hotel revenue production and identify digital marketing opportunities on third party and local partner sites.
• Manages the OTA Strategy in collaboration with Revenue Management through monthly market leader reviews, media investments and hotel positioning alignment.
• Monitors and provides recommendations for SEO and updates as needed in collaboration with Marriott Digital Services (MDS) or agency.
• Identifies digital marketing opportunities on third party and local partner sites.Content Management
• Sets overarching messaging strategy for hotel/group of hotels aligned with positioning.
• Manages Marriott.com content (via EPIC, Efast, MDS Client Community, etc.), OTA Content (via respective extranet sites) and Third-Party and Group Sites (via respective content management systems).
• Manages photography distribution including search photos, pre-arrival photos, and photo gallery management
• Creates landing pages and Discovery Pages to enhance content, as applicable.
• Manages guest communications (e.g. confirmation, pre-arrival, etc.).Partnerships and Public Relations Management
• Sets overarching partnership strategy for hotel/cluster of hotels.
• Identifies and cultivates partnerships internally and externally, including Marriott Digital Services (MDS).
• Manages cluster marketing strategies.
• Maintains frequent, active engagement with Area Directors of Marketing to communicate overall recommendations and actionable next steps based on identified findings, best practices, and overall digital trends for their portfolio of hotels.
• Sets overarching PR strategy for hotel/group of hotels, outlining goals, pitch angles and target segments.
• Manages PR agency, if applicable, or manage PR messaging.
• Manages execution of PR events, promotions.Outlet and Ancillary
• Identifies outlet marketing opportunities on third party and local partner sites.
• Defines in-house F&B programming in partnership with F&B Director and manages execution.Social Media
• Sets overarching social media strategy for hotel/group of hotels, outlining goals and target segments.
• Develops and implements social strategy.
• Manages paid social media budget and strategy.
• Assists in reviewing social media content calendars and collect local area and property events.General
• Leads, own and direct asset development including hotel collateral, photoshoots (sourcing, planning, on-site execution, post-editing and distribution), etc.
Effectively measures and clearly communicates success of campaigns and digital performance using relevant reports tools.
• Demonstrates the ability to create and maintain strong relationships and negotiation skills with key internal and external partners/stakeholders; (e.g. GMs, Sales and Revenue Leaders, Regional Team, media representatives).
• Manages development, design of hotel collateral as needed.
• Completes other reasonable duties as requested by leadership.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.