HOTEL MANAGER (F/M/D)
MEININGER Hotel Amsterdam Amstel
Amsterdam Amstel Team are looking for a Hotel Manager (f/m/d) responsible for the smooth running of the daily business in all departments and equally enthusiastic about people and numbers.
MEININGER Hotels offer a unique hotel product in a variety of European cities, combining the service and comfort of a budget hotel with extraordinary design and features such as guest kitchen, game zone, bar and restaurant. People of every age and origin are amazed by the central location, qualitative high-grade interior and fair prices. Thanks to our highly motivated teams and a down-to-earth atmosphere, the MEININGER Hotels feel like a real home.
• You are responsible for all operational tasks in the hotel, including but not limited to recruitment, reporting, budget planning etc.
• You ensure our guests experience the best service through optimal staff scheduling
• You work closely with different departments in our Berlin HQ such as HR, Finance, Revenue Management etc.
• You secure a safe and inclusive environment for colleagues and guests with a keen eye for individual needs and desires
• You set long- and mid term goals for your team and live to motivate them by being approachable, giving continuous feedback and discuss personal development- and job opportunities
• You ensure all health, hygiene and safety regulations in the hotel are respected at all times
• At least 3 years of experience managing a significant size hotel or hostel
• A bachelor or master degree in the tourism business, hotel management or similar field
• Inspirational leadership and have joy in leading a diverse, motivated team
• A solution-driven mentality, showing strong commitment and an entrepreneurial way of thinking
• Profound knowledge of MS Office and front office systems (e.g. SIHOT, Fidelio)
• Excellent communication skills in English. Other languages like Dutch are an advantage
• A desire to travel occasionally
WHAT MEININGER OFFERS
There are a ton of good reasons to join our MEININGER Team: We offer a professional and fun work environment with a truly diverse team in which everyone’s encouraged to be who they are.
A variety of opportunities is available for your personal and professional development:
• Hospitality CLA+ salaries and benefits
• Pension gap package
• 25 holidays + 5 bonus days (1 for each year you stay with us) + 9 bank holidays
• Regular get-togethers, celebrations and occasional parties (winter and summer team events)
• Quarterly evaluation rounds to make sure you’re still happy
• Possibility to join M-goal projects to develop personal and professional skills
• STAFF NIGHTS and Friends & Family discount
• Travel expenses
• Access to discount platform “BenefitsAtWork”
• The occasional opportunity to travel to support new openings or exchange programs
Lingua richiesta: Inglese. Olandese è un plus
🕮 OUR STORY
In 1999, MEININGER first opened its doors on Meininger Street in Berlin.
MEININGER offers the service and ease of an international budget hotel with hostel-like facilities such as guest kitchens and game zones. MEININGER Hotels are located centrally in major European cities, offering well equipped rooms and convenience for a fair price.
We are THE leader in the hybrid hotel-hostel sector
We provide a diverse and inclusive workforce
We deliver training workshops for career and self-development of our employees
We offer varied and challenging roles within a multinational and innovative team
We offer job rotation around EUROPE to our wanderlust employees for better career prospects
🏳️🌈Why we want YOU?
Every day is UNIQUE, JUST LIKE YOU
You have novel ideas and are eager to realize them
You are a quest expert and would love to share the city's hidden treasures with our travellers
STEP IN & EXPLORE NOW to contribute to the exciting growth story of an international hotel chain
We look forward to hearing from you here at MEININGER – The urban traveller’s home.