Questa posizione è appena stata occupata, ma ce ne sono altre F&B Cucina offerte di lavoro
New restaurant in town!
Head Chef - Trendy new restaurant in Geneva (Sous chefs welcome)
Cosa comprende il lavoro
We are currently looking for a Chef de cuisine to open a contemporary South-American gastronomic restaurant.
The restaurant will open as a brand new 150 m2 restaurant and will be serving gastronomic South American cuisine. There will be a stunning and bright main dining room area with a Bar, a lounge area, a private dining room function (Table d’hôte, 12 seats).
The restaurant aims to serve the finest food and cocktails, using the very best ingredients. It will be open all day, serving business lunch and becoming a trendy lively bar and restaurant in the evening.
The restaurant is due to open early next year January
The restaurant will focus mainly on South American Cuisine (Peruvian and Mexican with asian flavours) In order to incorporate the South American ambiance and culture to this stunning place, our client is looking for an experienced Chef, with Latin American culinary culture and background.
The successful candidate will be part of the pre-opening team of the restaurant and involved in all the pre-opening and opening operations.
He will have the opportunity to develop the whole menu and recruit his team, in accordance with the Management Team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and dynamic Chef who would like to further develop his career and be part of a fast growing concept focusing on South American culture.
The Head Chef will be fully responsible of the culinary operations of the restaurant on a daily basis. His main responsibilities will include:
- Recruitment of new kitchen staff, lead the team
- Offer training to them and focus on their motivation
- Optimization of cost of ingredients, forecast and anticipate an increase kitchen capacity as the restaurant grows
- Develop new food menu (General, special and Table d’hôte)
- Menu engineering and purchasing
- In charge of sourcing suppliers (South American ingredients)
- Control the food standards, presentations and kitchen hygiene
- Maintain constant food quality and service levels
- Communicate and report to the Management team
- Lead the team of 5-8 staff members
The ideal candidate should bring at least 5 years of work experience and should be familiar with Latin- South American food preparation
- A strong knowledge and experience of the South American cuisine and culture
- A EU passport to be eligible to work in Switzerland
- Refined cooking skills, Latin American signature
- Bachelor Degree or Culinary Degree
- Fluent in English, a good knowledge of Spanish and /or French a plus
- Confidence with working with other colleagues from different nationalities and background
- Ability and experience supervising and motivating a team
- Ability to put hygiene, safety and cleanliness as priority
- Ability to take responsibilities
- Ability to interact with clients
- Outgoing personality
- Ability to bridge cultural differences and to create a mutual understanding
- Ability to set goals for your team
Lingua richiesta: . Inglese, Spagnolo e Francese è un plus
hosco Talent Search is a division of Hospitality Connection (hosco).
hosco Talent Search provides hospitality employers with a distinctive and highly efficient placement service for young talents in the industry. With a team composed of recruitment experts, hosco assists companies in the recruitment efforts of both interns, graduates and alumni.