The Island Doctor will provide medical care to all Guests and Crew members.
The Island Doctor shall assist the site manager in all island health-related matters including outbreak prevention and illness reporting as required by international, national and company policies. The Island Doctor will be the leader that guides and oversees the medical management of Crew members living on the Island, under the supervision of the Director of Medical Operations and the wellness physicians.
- Three years minimum clinical experience in Acute Care setting, after completion of a recognized medical training program is required.
- One-year practical experience in Advanced Cardiac Life Support is required.
- One-year experience in diagnosing and treating a broad range of medical conditions is required, including experience performing minor surgery such as suturing, removal of benign skin lesions, removal of foreign objects, removal of ingrown toenails, and identification of and immobilizing of simple fractures.
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level of English is required.
- Specialization with: Anesthesiology, Intensive Care, Internal medicine, or pulmonology experience preferred.
Responsibilities include managing the medical center's medication and supply budget; assisting in crew safety and personal hygiene orientations; and supporting food-handling and galley inspections. If you have an active medical license, a medical degree from a recognized college or university, and at least three years of clinical experience in general and emergency medicine. Valid Basic Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, and Advanced Trauma Life Support certificates are required.