At Soho House, the Outreach Membership Manager will be responsible for Cities Without Houses (CWH) Membership in Charleston, SC. This person will be tasked with creating & curating membership communities for Soho House, driving the day-to-day member recruitment and retention of CWH members, overseeing all aspects of the member experiences, including events, content and all member communications.
They will manage their time to handle recruitment, retention, member inquiries and face time with members and their guests. They will be a direct link between our members and the rest of the business, acting as a voice for our members.
An integral aspect of the role is the recruitment, development, growth, and delivery of membership in Charleston in the transition to a House. Constantly representing Soho House and working with the CWH Membership Manager.
The outreach membership manager will report into the Membership Manager, ensuring committees are well established, membership targets are achieved, and that the overall member experience is consistently high quality, friendly and memorable. They will work cohesively with their peers in events and content to deliver the best possible experience for all CWH members. This is a 12 month fixed term contract with potential for extension. Main Duties
- Recruitment & retention: drive regional membership recruitment through an extensive breadth of personal contacts in the creative industries, work to build and strengthen the Committees and applications and be responsible for hitting quarterly member targets for CWH members for your city.
- Committees: oversee and be responsible for building, growing and motivating the Membership Committees in your city, ensuring they are of sufficient size and optimally balanced in line with our diversity & inclusion pledge & reflective of the market
- Events: Foster the creation, implementation and hosting of regular events and experiences for CWH members across your region, ensuring each event delivers the Soho House magic and promotes member engagement
- Communication: execute a communications plan for your region, ensuring your members receive relevant and regular content and communication
- New Openings – support the transition from a City to a House, working with the House membership team to ensure the member journey is smooth and the member is kept engaged throughout the transition
- Soho House magic: partner with membership leaders to prospect and recruit high-profile membership for your region
- Membership Quality: review all membership applications ensuring all approved members meet the quality and calibre for membership
- Membership Admin & Introduction: ensure all internal admin processes are followed correctly and all members receive an introduction to Soho House, hosting member introductions as and when required for your city
- Local outreach: Engage in considerable networking and outreach activity in your region to establish key local individuals, connectors, opinion leaders and inspirational creatives to build brand awareness, spread goodwill and attract new members
- Managing member behaviour: from time to time and with the support of senior leaders, handle member behaviour - making potentially difficult calls to members regarding behavioural issues, detailing notes of the conversations to be documented. Ensure all member behaviour/conduct/attire issues are correctly documented and followed up on swiftly.
- Local Intel: gather intel on the make up of the creative industries in your region, the population, which areas are the cool areas to be in, where people hang out, what trends and challenges are present in the city
- Wider Membership Team: take part in periodic conference calls or meetings with international membership colleagues to discuss current issues, as well as brainstorms and creative meetings as appropriate.
- Brand Ambassador: be a Soho House brand ambassador wherever in the world you go, always embodying our core values and bringing the Soho House magic
Why work with us...
- Network – the ideal candidate would have a network of contacts in the creative industries across North America, particularly in the cities listed in this JD
- Written and verbal communication skills – excellent written skills with experience of writing marketing emails, event copy, press releases and emotionally intelligent verbal communication skills with the ability to handle difficult conversations with grace
- Personality – Mature, charismatic, confident, and creative personality, ideally passionate in the creative verticals of fashion, art, music and film and a natural networker
- Motivation - Self-motivated and driven to get things done independently without a team around them
- Organisation – a highly organised person with the ability to manage a complex workload and team across the region, prioritise successfully in order to deliver results with a great eye for detail
- Events – experience of programming and/or producing events is a bonus
- Diversity & Inclusion - A well-travelled individual with an educated worldview and a learned appreciation of different cultures, politics, areas, creative groups and social scenes and a passion for promoting the vision of Soho House’s diversity and inclusion pledge & policies.
- Systems & software - Daily use of the Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce and other systems
- Experience – the role would suit someone from a PR or marketing background that has had experience of building relationships, writing copy, having a large network, events, partnership
- Travel - Flexibility to travel frequently around your region, as well as working late nights and weekends as and when required
- Location : US resident, based in Charleston, SC
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Team Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.