Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
The Gritti Palace a Luxury Collection Hotel Venice, Campo Santa Maria del Giglio 2467, Venice, Benatky, Italy VIEW ON MAP Schedule
The Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel belonging to Marriott International, is currently recruiting for a Barman/BarLady.
The Barman/BarLady will report to the Bar Manager and she/he will join a team of bartendering passionate professionals.
This is a great opportunity to work in a place of exceptional art and elegance, where history and culture are met with renewed Venetian style. The Gritti is known for impassioned service, a delectable culinary experience and an intimate wellness haven. The reference point for the world's elite at international city events such as the Biennale, Carnival and the Venice Film Festival.What we offer
The impact you’ll make
- Professional career progression at international level in 8000 Marriott hotels
- Learning and development opportunities online, on the job and in class
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Experienced management & motivated and engaging colleagues
- Charity events, Wellbeing activities and voluntary work in the community of Venice through the TakeCare program
- Canteen service and uniform
You are a bright mixologist who is always on the lookout for new beverage trends. When you are behind the bar, you create an energy that is both welcoming and exciting. You take pride in offering our guests a diverse and seasonally-inspired beverage menu, a warm conversation, and helpful suggestions. When you shine, our guests will look forward to relaxing with you after a long day.What you’ll do
What we’re looking for
- Welcome guests & Attend to tables and at the bar
- Prepare cocktails as per recipes and serve wine/champagne and non-alcoholic drinks
- Prepare garnishes and appetizers
- Stock ice, glassware and paper supplies
- Set up and maintain cleanliness of bar area
- Process all payment methods and complete cashier reports
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and brand identity guidelines
- Great storytelling skills in English
- Previous bartending experience in luxury contexts is a big plus.
- Reliability, Motivation, Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Strong passion for luxury bartendering
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunity
You’re a beverage enthusiast. And with us, you'll get to both refine and showcase your craft of creating cocktails. Join us and grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. No matter your path, we’ll make sure you feel right at home.Explore our very big world
As a world-class leader in the travel industry, there’s no better place than Marriott International to make your mark. Joining us, you’ll get to entertain and meet people from all over the world as you build your experience. You’ll find a place where your personality and ideas are appreciated just as much as the work you do. And you’ll grow through opportunities to explore the business, opening yourself to various career options. If you have the natural ability to communicate and enjoy working with others, we welcome you to join our global family. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts, with over 120 properties in more than 35 countries, offers the promise of authentic experiences that evoke lasting, treasured memories. Our more than 100 years of experience, beginning in 1906 under the Italian CIGA brand – a collection of Europe's most celebrated and iconic properties – serves as a solid foundation as we continuously evolve to exceed the desires of the luxury traveler.
From legendary palaces and remote retreats to timeless modern classics, each luxury hotel and resort is a unique and cherished expression of its locale – a portal to the destination’s cultural charms and treasures. If you are someone with an appreciation for evocative storytelling, a keen interest and passion for this destination's heritage, and a desire to deliver genuine, personalized, and anticipatory hospitality, then we invite you on our journey. In joining The Luxury Collection, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be
where you can do your best work, begin
your purpose, belong
to an amazing global team, and become
the best version of you.