The Hoxton Poblenou is looking for a Finance Intern!
In April 2022 we have opened our first Hoxton in El Poblenou in the city of Barcelona and we’re looking for an analytical Finance Intern
to help run the day-to-day Finance operations from February 2024 for 5-6 months starting in April 2024!
Reporting to our Director of Finance,
you will be responsible for supporting the daily business operations.
This is our 11th Hoxton and the hotel boasts 240 bedrooms of different sizes, a large restaurant and deli shop, a rooftop restaurant and pool, a huge basement events space and The Apartment (our unique meetings & events concept). What you’ll do…
What we’re looking for…
- Support the finance department in different areas (Accounts Receivables, Payables, mainly).
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Match credit card payments and check credit card receipts daily.
- Participate in month end reporting procedures.
- Ad hoc studies.
What's in it for you...
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Hospitality Management or FinanceManagement.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- You have Excel skills; intermediate to advanced level.
- You are scarily organised, have the ability to multi-task and spin a million plates in the air at one time, prioritise and re-prioritise as things come in.
- Passion for numbers, teamwork and achieving our goals.
- You’re all about having a positive impact on the people you interact with.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door.
- You know that sometimes that crazy whacky idea is the one that changes everything.
More about us...
- Internship allowance of 500€ gross per month.
- The opportunity to be part of our Finance function for an exciting hospitality concept that is new to Barcelona (and Spain).
- Join an innovative, fast-growing, international group that’s committed to not just building new hotels but building a global brand.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Become part of a team that’s very passionate about creating great hospitality experiences and building a portfolio of brands.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Goes without saying, but we’ll feed you when on shift.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Lots of opportunity to progress and switch it up as part of a global family of brands.
- Extra time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces. Sus datos serán tratados por The Hoxton, Poblenou (Middlebury Invest, S.L.) para posibilitar su participación en nuestro proceso de selección. Puede solicitar información adicional acerca del referido tratamiento o sobre el ejercicio de sus derechos, entre otros, de acceso, rectificación, supresión, oposición o portabilidad dirigiéndose a: The Hoxton, Poblenou, Avda. Diagonal, 205. 08018 Barcelona o a email@example.com