The Hoxton, Charlottenburg (Berlin) – People & Culture Intern
2023 sees The Hoxton take on Europe! We’re popping up in some of our favourite cities and we have opened our first hotel in Germany in the city of culture and creativity, Berlin. We are looking for Brand Intern to join our team and play a crucial part in successfully bringing our brand to a new market.
Our first Hoxton in Germany is home to 234 bedrooms of varying sizes, a ground floor restaurant and bar, coffee bar and streetside terrace and The Apartment – our unique meetings and events concept.
Reporting to our People & Culture Manager,
you will be responsible for supporting the daily people operations. What’s in it for you…
What you’ll do…
- The opportunity to bring an exciting new hospitality concept to Berlin (and Germany) and join an innovative, fast-growing, international group.
- Internship allowance of 1.000 euros gross per month.
- The chance to challenge the norm and work in an environment that is both creative and rewarding.
- Great discounts across the entire Ennismore family.
- Enjoy a free night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us.
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work.
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
What we’re looking for…
- Support the team with recruitment needs, CV pre-screening and telephone screening.
- Advertise vacancies on The Hoxton website and local recruitment job boards.
- Organise coffee chats with all new starters.
- Fun-time Friday, get togethers? That’s your domain. You arrange the regular events that everyone looks forward to.
- Get involved in the Team activities.
- And yes, there’s some admin... Some training tracking, some scanning, some business card order. But let’s face it, we know you love that!
- Tech? No issue. You know your systems and can set up accounts for the team.
More about us...
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Hospitality Management or Human Resources Management.
- Must be fluent in English. German will by highly valuable as other additional languages.
- It's all about attitude for us, someone who enjoys being helpful to others; that person who makes you feel confident they can answer any question and who you'd want to stop and chat to.
- Individuals. You’re looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here.
- Passion for hospitality – whether that’s a drink, a meal, an event or a bed for the night.
- You are scarily organised, have the ability to multi-task and spin a million plates in the air at one time, prioritise and re-prioritise as things come in.
- You know how to crack the whip – but make people feel good at the same time.
- You’re not precious. We leave our egos at the door.
- You make people feel good - your team and colleagues alike.
- If we get stuck in a lift with you – we’ll get along nicely and have a laugh along the way!
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.