Rooms & Guest Services OperationsLocation
The St. Regis Rome, Via Vittorio E. Orlando, 3, Rome, Città Metropolitana di Roma, Italy VIEW ON MAP Schedule
At The St. Regis Rome we are looking for a Guest Experience Manager.YOUR CHALLENGE
As Guest Relation Manager you represent property management in resolving any guest related situation and ensure that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. You are responsible to ensure that the quality of service is impeccable, including personally managing LQA, from inspections to creating and monitoring action plans for each department. As Guest Relation Manager handle pre/during and post arrival communications and welcome guests; at the same time you are the focal point in the lobby, so you oversee the area and manage the flow of questions and directs guests, managing the tracking of service issues.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES Collaborating with Butler Team and other departments to make everyday exquisite and achieve the complete guest satisfaction
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
Maintaining Guest Services Goals
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to influence and encourage others.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with other employees.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise with reference to guest satisfaction.
- Intervenes in any guest situation as needed to ensure the integrity of the property is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with Butler Team, Front Office Team and F&B team to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations and produces desired results.
Implementing Projects and Policies
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Serves as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Provides immediate assistance to guests as requested.
- Ensures employees understand customer service expectations and parameters.
- Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPS)
- Actively participate in training
- Conducts training when appropriate.
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Maintains high visibility in public areas during peak times.
- Understands and can implement all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
- Performs Front Desk duties in high demand times.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
What we offer
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Guest Services - Knowledge of procedures for wake-up services, safe deposit boxes, room and property amenities, property-specific programs (e.g., kids programs), guest rewards programs, and local attractions.
- Problem Resolution - Ability to record, track and resolve guest problems via property software (i.e. Guestware, FOSSE, etc.) handle emergencies, and effectively deal with customer issues and complaints.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
You’re welcomed here
- Professional career progression at international level in Marriott hotels
- Learning and development opportunities online, on the job and in class
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Experienced management & motivated and engaging colleagues
- Charity events, Wellbeing activities through the TakeCare program
- Canteen service and uniform
Our highest priority is making you feel as welcome as our guests. We want you to know you’re important to us and that you’ll make an impact in your role, and for that, you’ll be appreciated and valued.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Combining timeless glamour with a vanguard spirit, St. Regis Hotels & Resorts is committed to delivering exquisite experiences at more than 50 luxury hotels and resorts in the best addresses around the world. Beginning with the debut of The St. Regis hotel in New York by John Jacob Astor IV at the dawn of the twentieth century, the brand has remained committed to an uncompromising level of bespoke and anticipatory service for all of its guests, delivered flawlessly by a team of gracious hosts that combine classic sophistication and modern sensibility, as well as our signature Butler Service. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis. In joining St. Regis, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be
where you can do your best work, begin
your purpose, belong
to an amazing global team, and become
the best version of you.