Hybrid role, LONDON OR OXFORD 2 days in the Oxford or London office per weekWe believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there. About Tripadvisor:
TripAdvisor.com is the largest travel community in the world and a leader in the growing online travel market, offering consumers high-quality, unbiased content plus booking opportunities via our partner booking engines. If you're interested in joining a group of extraordinary people at one of the world’s fastest growing travel media web sites, join TripAdvisor. At TripAdvisor, we combine a unique mix of creativity, analytics, and a casual environment to get innovative new products and services to market faster, and we need the best and the brightest contributors to help move that forward. We’re a passionate, fun, and analytical team with the energy of a start-up and the stability of a profitable enterprise. Job Summary:
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Senior Finance Manager to join our team in a pivotal role, providing support across our Experiences & Vacation Rentals business units, in particular acting as the lead for Tripadvisor’s regulated Payment Institution business in the UK. This offers a great opportunity to work in a marketplace business, with high volumes, helping the team accomplish complex challenges with a speed wins approach.
The role is Oxford/London/Hybrid based and will report directly to the Director, Accounting that heads up Tripadvisor’s payment operations across the EU and the UK. It will involve developing close working relationships with EU and US counterparts and will also involve a wide range of cross-functional business partnering with product, engineering, legal and other parts of the business.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a busy and fast-paced finance department, in a high-volume transactional role, as well as strong core accounting skills. Key skills will include good organisational and time management, strong analytical skills with an attention to detail and an ability to quickly gain an in-depth understanding of processes.Responsibilities:
This position will have responsibility for supporting all parts of our Payment Institution business and will be expected to manage internal and external stakeholders. More specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Who you are:
- Overseeing the company's financial performance across the UK operation to include monthly reconciliation of management and statutory reporting packs;
- Reporting of accurate financial ledgers in accordance with both local and US GAAP principles;
- Preparation and presentation of Board packs;
- Maintaining oversight and performing a detailed review of safeguarding processes with responsibility for completion of daily reconciliation;
- Ensuring full compliance with regulatory capital and safeguarding obligations;
- Acting as a designated PSD individual with the FCA;
- Timely preparation and submission of regular returns to the FCA as required;
- Creating a strong working relationship with Tripadvisor’s corporate finance and accounting teams.
If you need a reasonable accommodation or support during the application or the recruiting process due to a medical condition or disability, please reach out to your individual recruiter or send an email to AccessibleRecruiting@Tripadvisor.com and let us know the nature of your request.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) with previous financial control and management reporting experience;
- At least 8 years’ professional experience, ideally with prior experience working in a regulated financial services business as a PSD individual;
- Sound knowledge of Payments’ regulations (PSD2)
- Previous experience working in a payments institution or e-money institution a plus;
- Commercially-led, outstanding eye for detail and good creative problem-solving skills.