Sales & MarketingLocation
W Barcelona, Placa de la Rosa dels Vents 1, Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Reports to the Group Sales Director.
The Group Sales Manager works closely with the field sales team to action enquiries and convert business. This position has responsibility for responding to the group’s enquiries of the predetermined geographic markets, in order to maximize room and banqueting revenue & utilization of meeting space, works to ensure at a minimum delivery of budgeted revenues.
The Groups Sales Manager manages, negotiates and converts groups business of rooms including banqueting. The contracting of groups, until the hand over to the Conventions services team, in addition to managing the function diary inventory.
Must demonstrate high energy levels & provide consistently high levels of customer service in accordance with W standards & programs.How it´s done ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts site inspections for prospect and tentative group bookings.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key clients and establishes a client base of meeting planners, organizations and corporate businesses through continues direct sales efforts.
- Responds promptly (within 24 hours) to guest requests, inquiries, and follows up to ensure utmost guest satisfaction.
- Works collaboratively with GSOs, Convention Bureau, 3rd party intermediaries and other hotel counterparts to drive revenue, ensure customer satisfaction and increase market share.
- Strive to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
- Close the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
- Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handle guest concerns and obstacles.
- Attend pre- convention meetings
- Promote the use MI Leads (cross-selling tool).
- Acquire full knowledgeable understanding of the new Marriott Loyalty program.
- Participate in trainings and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Take responsibility & be empowered to make decisions in quoting for business, adhering to the pre-set strategic guidelines.
- Effectively manage time ensuring the completion of all pre-set tasks on a daily basis.
- To participate in departmental and Marriott courses as required.
- Ensure site inspections are conducted in a methodical fashion adhering to the core standards of the department.
- Participate in annual Engagement survey.
- Must demonstrate an awareness of the importance of body language in communication and interaction with others.
- Take part in special projects as directed by the DOGS and DOS
The typical working schedule of the Group Sales Manager is from Monday to Friday from 09.00 AM to 17.00 PM but may be flexible depending on the business. SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace and in the segmented markets.
- Proven luxury hotel sales experience (more than 2 years)
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good organizational skills: has the ability to prioritize tasks and to manage the workload by her/his own initiative
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel. Good knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering & PMS systems
W Hotels’ mission is to Ignite Curiosity, Expand Worlds. We are a place to experience life. We’re here to open doors and open minds. We are constantly inspired by new faces and new experiences. A tuned-in, up-for-anything spirit is at our core and has made us renowned for reinventing the norms of luxury around the globe. Whatever/Whenever is our culture and service philosophy that brings our guests’ passions to life. If you are original, innovative, and always looking towards the future of what’s possible, welcome to W Hotels. In joining W Hotels, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be
where you can do your best work, begin
your purpose, belong
to an amazing global team, and become
the best version of you.