Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Cybersecurity Advanced Threat Intern to join our team at the Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way location in Parsippany, New Jersey.Why Wyndham?
By joining Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you will play an integral role in our mission to make hotel travel possible for all. You’ll be part of the largest hotel franchise company in the world, where we strive to deliver the best value to our owners and guests. Most importantly, you’ll be entrusted to live our unique Count on Me culture, set by our core values of integrity, accountability, inclusive, caring and fun. At Wyndham, we provide all team members the opportunity to grow through best-in-class training and career development, leadership training, mentorship opportunities and educational support. Supporting our team members is a top priority, which is why we offer competitive compensation and benefits, vacation, team member appreciation days, workplace flexibility and much more. At Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, we value and embrace a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion that supports team members of all backgrounds and experiences. We can’t wait to welcome you!The Role
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a Cybersecurity and Advanced Threat Intern who is passionate about the cybersecurity field, specifically malware reverse engineering/analysis, threat intelligence or incident response. What you'll do
You'll be successful if you have
- Review alerts from various cybersecurity tools, classify the risk level and assist the Security Operations Center on triage activity. Learn what “malicious” operations look like and how to respond/defend those activities.
- Analyze malicious artifacts and real-world malware samples in various tools by utilizing static and dynamic analysis methods both in a lab environment and with malware sandbox tools.
- Perform threat intelligence research into cybercrime and nation state threat actors, assist in the publication of a weekly cyber security threat intelligence product.
- Assist in purple team exercises involving emulation of malicious activity on the network. Perform threat hunting to identify generated activity in defensive tooling and help develope new countermeasures if needed. Produce reports detailing the tests performed and operational improvements discovered.
- Assist in engineering efforts to deploy new tooling.
- Must be a good critical thinker.
- Ability to consistently ask questions and poke holes in theories.
- Ability to break down complex and technical ideas for a non-technical audience.
- Technical writing skills recommended.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time is a must!
- Strong notetaking or documentation skills highly recommended for success.
- Formal IT helpdesk/computer repair experience is a plus
- Development/coding experience a plus.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school undergraduate or graduate degree program. Cybersecurity program offering, BS or MSI.
- Be a rising undergraduate senior or pursuing a graduate degree.
- Must be experienced in Windows and Linux operating systems (have experience in troubleshooting/fixing computers, cleaning up malware, setting up a home network and experience with common cyber security best practices).
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,100 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through our network of more than 836,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the hospitality industry. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the world in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham employs more than 2,000 corporate team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company’s mission of making hotel travel possible for all. Supporting thousands of franchisees and a growing global portfolio of 24 hotel brands—think household names like Wyndham, La Quinta, Ramada, Days Inn and Super 8—Wyndham team members are a widespread group of individuals with diverse interests and backgrounds. Our unique Count on Me culture, commitment to flexibility and core values of Integrity, Accountability, Inclusivity, Caring and Fun are just part of what continues to make Wyndham an award-winning best place to work.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Brand:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Location:
Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way, 22 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, New Jersey 07054 Employment Status:
Full-time What we expect from you
You will play an important part in our mission to make travel possible for all by:
∙ Being responsive, respectful and delivering great experiences to our guests, partners and communities.
∙ Foster an inclusive environment where individuals feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work and share their diverse perspectives.
∙ Bring your best every day and strive to exceed expectations in all you do.What you can expect from us
With Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you can expect a fulfilling career to include:
∙ Growth opportunities through best-in-class training and career development, leadership training, mentorship opportunities and educational support.
∙ Competitive salary and benefits.
∙ Team member benefit programs that focus on nutrition, exercise, lifestyle management, physical and emotional wellness, financial health, and the quality of the environment in which all team members work and live.
∙ A Culture of Diversity & Inclusion - Our inclusive culture infuses different perspectives that reflect our diverse customers and communities around the world.About Wyndham
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Every day, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. With more hotels than anyone else, we offer the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world. So wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.Nearest Major Market:
New York City Nearest Secondary Market: