Descrizione del lavoro
Dolce is now seeking a Director of Housekeeping to join our team at the Dolce American Airlines location in Fort Worth, Texas.
The Director of Housekeeping is responsible for ensuring the operation of the Housekeeping and laundry department in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while efficiently managing expenses and maximizing service levels.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus four years housekeeping and laundry experience preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity and including supervisory experience. Some college preferred.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
- Hotel opening experience strongly desired.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, including wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Employees must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow employees.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Housekeeping personnel according to Wyndham SOP's.
- Ensure compliance to Standard of the Week training, using the steps to effective training according to Wyndham standards.
- Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program (i.e. floor care, hard cleaning, mattress flipping, etc.) and maintain a detailed checklist for each position.
- Assist in maintaining and controlling all housekeeping equipment.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all corporate Risk Management standards (MSDS, HazComm, etc.).
- Assist in conducting monthly guest supplies and cleaning supplies inventories.
- Ensure that large guestroom turns are managed efficiently.
- Ensure consistency with departmental opening and closing procedures.
- Carry a radio and or phone at all times.
- Prepare and conduct Housekeeping interviews as required and follow hiring procedures according to Wyndham SOP's.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Housekeeping personnel.
- Inspect rooms daily, and ensure that some rooms are inspected with supervisors on a daily basis.
- Iinspect all VIP rooms prior to arrival.
- Ensure that public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house areas are cleaned to Wyndham standards.
- Assist in maintaining required pars of all Housekeeping and Laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Assist in conducting monthly and quarterly Housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
- Ensure guest privacy and security through correctly following Wyndham procedures.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Engineering according to hotel procedures. Follow up on work orders to ensure completion.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings for room attendants and housemen.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in MSD sheets. Keep MSD sheets current and easily available.
- Balance and clear room status nightly; compare the p.m. housekeeping report with the PMS room status report and resolve any discrepancies.
- Assist in reviewing Housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Assist in preparing employee Schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Maintain Wyndham SOP's regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Ensure implementation of all Wyndham policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position competencies for Housekeeping staff.
- Operate pagers and radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Manage and organize large turn days (including group check-ins or check-outs).
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 22 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Alltra, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 9,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Dolce American Airlines, 4501 Crewmember Way, MD 929, Fort Worth, Texas 76155
Employment Status: Full-time
What we expect from you
• Bring your best every day
• Put our guests first
• Strive to exceed expectations in all you do
What you can expect from us
• Best-in-class training and career development
• Supportive and engaged team
• Fast paced fun environment
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Ti interessa questa opportunità?