Are you a jack (or Jane) of all trades who loves to connect with people and gets a kick out of solving (tricky) operational puzzles? Then keep reading!
Zoku provides a home for business travelers who want to live in a city for between a few days and a few months. We’re a new type of business hotel offering a relaxed place to live, co-work and socialize – while wiring residents into the local scene. Join an international team of driven, proactive and fun-loving Zokus who all have one thing in common: a passion for connecting people across the globe.
TELL ME MORE
As a Duty Manager Intern you act as the spider in the web, ensuring Zoku’s operations are run smoothly. You'll coach, train and set the team of Sidekicks (the operational team) up for success.
The job of Duty Manager Intern is very versatile and fast-paced. You'll support the operational team when and where, needed empowering them to be at their best to provide excellent service and a true Zoku-like experience, all whilst keeping the service standards high . You will work together with a team of enthusiastic and highly motivated Duty Managers and will play a key role in the pre-opening of our newest Zoku.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
No day looks the same as a Duty Manager Intern, but here is a glimpse of what you can expect:
- Be a smooth operator: You are very hands on and actively support the Sidekicks on the floor to ensure every resident receives a true Zoku-like experience. You are jumping in when and where needed and are the contact person for (bigger) resident complaints.
- Trouble shooter: You act as the trouble-shooter in case of issues arising during your shift, coordinate maintenance tasks and help in case no one is available. Finally, you are end responsible for proper handling of safety and security procedures.
- Sidekick Coach: You coach, guide and train the operational team. You ensure Zoku’s values are lived by on the working floor, you have fun, all whilst ensuring excellent service. Together with your colleague Duty Managers you assist in updating the working schedules of the team.
- Operational Jack/Jane of all trades: As part of the Duty Managers team, you are responsible for all Rooms Division and F&B matters. You are the main contact person with our outsourced housekeeping party, you enjoy structuring all rooms related procedures, managing restaurants reservations and check the payment handling.
WHAT MAKES THE INTERNSHIP UNIQUE?
- You be all-around leader. You'll improve your skills in the F&B and Rooms department. No day will look the same!
- You can bring your knowledge into practice. With an "Always Beta" mentality, you'll help to improve processes at Zoku.
- You'll get a second family. Become part of our Zoku community of fellow colleagues, residents and visitors.
- You'll be part for a future-oriented hospitality concept. We’re not like your average hotel (feel free to stop by at Zoku to see for yourself!)
- You'll make a difference. As an important part of our team, you'll get plenty of responsibility and your ideas will be valued.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Internship allowance of € 750 per month.
- 10 holiday days (per 6 months).
- Cool benefits like a free after-work drink, various discounts and friends & family rates at all Zoku locations.
- A cool comfy uniform – no more looking like a log!
- A fun, young, multi-national company with colleagues from across the globe to meet, learn and grow from.
- The best staff meals, enjoyed in our social spaces overlooking the city.
- Exciting on-the-job training opportunities and fun events throughout the year to celebrate achievements and milestones.
- An internship at one of the 25 coolest hotels in the world, that feels like a second home and is purpose-driven.
WE LOVE PEOPLE WHO
- Bring good vibes to the work floor, are genuinely friendly, approachable and empathic.
- Are social butterflies who love to connect with others and get to know new people.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and like to discover new things.
- Are multi-tasking pros, handling multiple tasks, projects and responsibilities all whilst keeping a cool head and a warm heart.
- Have an international background - experience in guest relations are seen as a plus!
A FEW MUST HAVES
- You are a student at a hospitality university and need to do a mandatory managerial/administrative internship as part of your curriculum (min. 6 months).
- You are fluent in English and French, other languages are a plus.
- You are an EU resident or have a valid working and living permit for France.
- You are available for a start date in July/August 2023 and flexible for working days/hours.
- You have experience in working in an operational hotel or restaurant environment.
Lingue richieste: Inglese e Francese.
Zoku has invented a new category within the hotel industry with its home-office hybrid concept and award-winning Zoku Loft. Opened in 2016 by Dutch entrepreneurs Hans Meyer and Marc Jongerius, Zoku is named after the Japanese word for family, tribe or clan. Zoku facilitates international living, working and conscious traveling for the growing population of globetrotting professionals, digital nomads and remote workers. Its multipurpose business facilities make it a hospitality frontrunner in the future of work, providing hybrid work solutions for employees to reconnect while working-from-anywhere. The bold concept, which goes far beyond the standard hotel proposition of “putting heads in bed”, has won numerous awards, received rave reviews from guests and is praised for its vibrant Social Spaces, sustainability initiatives and unique community that facilitates connections between residents and locals. Zoku achieved B Corp certification in 2018, becoming one of the first hotels in the world to receive this recognition, and was voted “one of the 25 coolest hotels in the world” by Forbes. Zoku expanded to include three new locations to its portfolio of European hubs: Copenhagen, Vienna, and Paris.